Sunday, August 9, 2009

So it's been over a year....

And a lot has changed!! I decided that the veterinary field is no longer for me, I was in it for the love of pets and had to euthanize waaayyyyy too many animals that were unwanted and it brought me down to the point of hating my job. I bounced around in a couple dif. fields and have settled in childcare, although there is NO money in it, I love getting to care for, play with and love all the babies and toddlers at our center. I will be starting online classes in September to get my CDA and I'm very excited about it, and feel very lucky that I work with an EXCELLENT center director who has been very understanding with life situations and is paying for all of my additional training and schooling including my STARS and yes, the CDA.

Ben and I are currently expecting our first daughter, she is due October 18Th and will be named Taylor Paige Johnson, I'm very excited to take on the mommy role and can't wait for her arrival! I don't like being pregnant however, so I don't have any plans on getting pregnant again for quite some time.

Lets see, what else is new.... Oh yes, last October I quit smoking!! Woohoo ::pats self on back:: although I still have the occasional stress induced craving I have done very well and had no slip ups. I don't seem to "save" any money since I've quit and I'm not sure where I found the money in the first place!!

Money, it sucks. Lets just say that this year has been the most challenging year financially for Ben and myself... The economy has a lot to do with his pay and has had a very VERY negative affect on his pay and the livelihood of the company, we are hoping that business will again pick up, but until then we are going to do the best we can for ourselves and our daughter.

No comments: